Friday, December 12, 2008

Santa's Little Helper


For as long as I can remember I have been my moms little elf during the Christmas season... helping with the crafts, baking cookies, Christmas shopping, wrapping presents, decorating... the list goes on and on. Let me tell you as I've gotten older the list only gets longer and longer. This year I have a quite long list of all the people I need to bake for and just when I think the list is done mom says well what about so and so... and the list just keeps on growing. Oh and taking that baking class didn't help either, now on top of baking just plain cookies I am also including things such as Lemon Bars and Coconut Macaroons. Don't get me wrong I love to bake it just seems like there's never enough time to get all of the things done that I need to, I think it would be an excellent idea and very beneficial to everyone if we extended the year 1 month and pushed Christmas back to that extra month... then I would have that much time to get everything done with minimal stress. well since that's not gonna happen I guess the new location of the North Pole must have moved to Valley Springs because our house will definitely resemble Santa's Workshop for the next 2 weeks.

1 comment:

tammy said...

Hang in there Nicole! It gets worse as an adult. Here's some advice you cant ake or leave it:
You can't do everything...don't bother stressing out about it. We gave up with funds limited and time non-existant this Christmas and all families are getting card. Does that sound bad? Oh well, let's just call this Christmas a wash!!! Good luck!!!