Sunday, May 17, 2009

Home Stretch

I am in what is the end of the home stretch for the semester. I cannot believe it has gone by this fast! I have already had all of my final exams for my classes, and this week I will be turning in my final two projects. I just cannot believe it is over. Yesterday and today my mom and I went searching for materials I need for my Visual Basics class. We went to so many stores, and had the hardest time finding this one type of paper I needed. My teacher is requiring us to make a final portfolio for the class that is made up of all our projects from the semester. We are allowed to make refinements where ever we want and then have to mount them all to card-stock, over lay each page with a piece of translucent vellum, write a description of each individual project on the vellum, then take all of this and get it bound. I am going to take mine to Kinkos since it is just around the corner from my house. Finally we found the vellum after looking at about 6 stores and eventually driving into Sac to an art supply store. Now I just need to finish mounting all of the projects so that I can take it to Kinkos tomorrow. I am excited to be finishing up the semester but also a little stressed because I only have 2 days left until both my projects have to be done.

I am signed up for my Writing Proficiency Exam and am set to take it bright and early at 8 am on May 30th. I signed up to take the workshop, hopefully that will help me. I consider myself a strong writer when I put the needed time into it, but I have not taken any English classes in 3 years and could use a brush up on the rules of grammar etc. I hope I can pass this on the first try because they have changed the writing requirement to graduate and this will be the last time this particular exam is offered. If I do not pass it i will have to take a writing course now and then take a different exam and then take a writing intensive course after, I do not want to have to do all of that, I will still have to take the writing intensive course, but do not want to waste my precious time taking any extra courses if I can pass this test. Wish me luck!

I am all set for next semester. I am taking 16 units... 3 Interior design classes, an ancient civilizations class... Ancient Greece!, a math class, and an aerobics class. I have accepted my student loan so that will pay for my tuition plus I accepted a little extra so that I can buy the computer programs we use regularly instead of always having to go to the computer lab to do my homework. I also might be purchasing a new computer... we shall see about that one. I am also planning on taking a summer course at the community college down the road from me. I plan to take a drawing class to help me with my basic sketching skills. Well time to get back to the homework.... need to get that done so the fun can begin lol.

2 comments:

tammy said...

DOn't sweat it! You are doing great!!! i wish you would've had Italian instead of Greece, but you know that is MY personal preference ;P. Congrats on finishing the semester!!! Love ya!

Nicole said...

yeah i thought about ancient Rome, but decided even though i like Italy better, (probably due to my Italian heritage) I am more interested in mythology than wars so decided to go with Greece, and hopefully wont be too disappointed lol